01 May 2012

My Getaway Weekend.

Have you ever felt like visiting a place you have been away from for so long? Unfortunately, it is far and you need  a good  amount of money to go there.  This is what I felt about London. I want to go back and see the town I lived in for a decade,  left it two decades  ago to come to America to be with my husband, and raise my two girls. Well for me the closest thing to London is Toronto, Canada. So My husband and I went for the wee end. It was a long six hours drive; however, in the way we managed to to have lunch in my husband's favorite cafe in Ganonoque. We had a wonderful time just walking in the city, and watching life goes by.




A view from our 22 nd floor hotel room.


This is our car down there.


beautiful clothes in the Indian area


A close up


This is part of the embroidery on a wedding dress


More clothes


You need earrings to match these beautiful clothes


Big earrings


Cold cuts of meat.


fresh cut flowers


Sushi bar


More flowers


I will let you decide what to think. LOL


Cupcakes


French macarons


Cheesecakes and Pies


cakes


This is Stella, and she was decorating all those lovely cakes. I asked her, if she got any training for her decorating job , she said no, and she had to learn on the job. but when I asked her do you still like cakes after handling cakes all day long, her face lightened up, and said of course, I love cakes.


These dresses were made out of papers.


These guys were protecting the streets of Toronto.

I hope you enjoyed my post as much as I enjoyed this short trip. Take care and have a good week.
Lots of hugs, 

Samya  :))))

ps- where do you guys go for a quick weekend getaway?

No comments:

Post a Comment